Etisalat Nigeria Set to Sponsor ITU Telecoms World 2013 in Bangkok
In line with its reputation as Nigeria‘s most innovative telecommunications company, Etisalat has announced its sponsorship of this year’s annual convergence of the global information and communication technology (ICT) community, tagged International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Telecoms World, scheduled to hold between 19th and 22nd November, 2013 in Bangkok, Thailand.
Speaking on the sponsorship, Director, Government and Regulatory Affairs, Etisalat Nigeria, Ibrahim Dikko, said Etisalat’s participation at this summit is aimed at showcasing the company’s innovative products and services as well as its achievements in just five years of operations.
“Etisalat is a success story of investment in Nigeria and we take this invitation from the NCC to participate at this year’s ITU summit as a recognition of the role the brand has played in the industry since our launch in 2008. Etisalat’s sponsorship of this event also underlines the company’s interest in the development of the ICT industry as well as improving relationships with Stakeholders in the telecommunications industry,” he said.
ITU Telecom World 2013 will bring together a uniquely comprehensive audience of public and private sector players at the highest level. Heads of State, Government Ministers, Policy Makers and Regulators will meet with industry CEOs from operators, service providers and content developers for a high-level debate, innovation showcasing and networking.
Originally founded as the International Telegraph Union, The International Telecommunication Union (ITU), is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is responsible for issues that concern information and communication technologies. The ITU coordinates the shared global use of the radio spectrum, promotes international cooperation in assigning satellite orbits, works to improve telecommunication infrastructure in the developing world, and assists in the development and coordination of worldwide technical standards
- Gennii Games, Efiwe Mobile Application Emerge Winners of Etisalat Pan-African Prize for Innovation (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Etisalat Rewards Subscribers for Using Easy Wallet (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Etisalat Launches GEM Loyalty Program for High Value Customers … Celebrates 5th Anniversary (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Pictures From Etisalat High Value Loyalty Scheme and 5th Year Anniversary (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Pics and Story from Etisalat Sponsored 2013 African Patrons Cup Polo Tournament (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Etisalat Supports Safety, Health and Environment Conference (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Etisalat Advocates Standardization at 2013 CTO Forum (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- See Pictures from the LagosPhoto/Etisalat Amateur Photography Competition Prize Presentation (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Etisalat Leads Development of Innovation Culture in the Mobile App Ecosystem (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Etisalat-sponsored Africa’s Next Top Model Season One debuts November 10th (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
Posted on November 18, 2013, in Mobile & Telecoms and tagged Bangkok, Emirates Telecommunications Corporation, Etisalat, Etisalat Nigeria, International Telecommunication Union, Nigeria, Regulatory Affairs, United Nations. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.