Gennii Games, Efiwe Mobile Application Emerge Winners of Etisalat Pan-African Prize for Innovation
Genii Games and Efiwe Mobile Application have emerged winners of the second edition of the ‘Etisalat Pan-African Prize for Innovation’ organized by Nigeria’s most innovative telecommunications company, Etisalat. This award which is aimed at encouraging and celebrating valuable innovation in the African market was presented at the Africa Com awards Gala Dinner held at the Waterfront Lookout, Cape Town South Africa, on the 13th of November 2013 as part of the Africa Com 2013 Conference.
The ‘Etisalat Prize for Innovation’ was awarded in 2 categories: The first prize of $25, 000 for the most innovative product or service was presented to Genii Games (Asa), a growing collection of interactive culture teaching mobile app for African children, and a second prize of $10,000 for the most innovative idea presented to Efiwe Mobile application, a social education network that provides a simulated learning environment with in-depth resources in every field of study and subject of study.
Speaking on the success of the second edition of the competition which witnessed an impressive array of entries for the two award categories, Acting Chief Executive Officer, Etisalat Nigeria, Matthew Willsher, explained that the competition was instituted to provide the opportunity for ingenious people to present innovative and relevant mobile broadband products/services and ideas.
He said, “We are delighted at the creativity shown by all the entries and this is a clear indication of the importance of broadband in Africa. Innovative broadband projects, products and services have improved the way we live and work and so we launched this award last year because we realise the importance of broadband in the industry. Innovation is core to our business strategy at Etisalat Nigeria and we see ourselves as a young and innovative business setting the pace for others in the Nigerian telecommunications industry”.
The Etisalat Pan-African Prize for Innovation featured a high-level judging panel representing business, telecommunications, entrepreneurship and network development reviewed the entries and established a final shortlist of 4 nominees in the two categories.
The 6th annual Africa Com Awards provided an evening of entertainment that attendees described as the best yet.
- See Pictures from the LagosPhoto/Etisalat Amateur Photography Competition Prize Presentation (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Etisalat Unveils Judging Panel for 2013 Pan-African Prize for Innovation Award (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Pics and Story from Etisalat Sponsored 2013 African Patrons Cup Polo Tournament (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Etisalat Rewards Subscribers for Using Easy Wallet (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Etisalat Launches GEM Loyalty Program for High Value Customers … Celebrates 5th Anniversary (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Etisalat, AAF Showcase Lagos Photo Festival at Exclusive Preview (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Etisalat-sponsored Africa’s Next Top Model Season One debuts November 10th (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Pictures From Etisalat High Value Loyalty Scheme and 5th Year Anniversary (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
Posted on November 15, 2013, in Mobile & Telecoms, Support and tagged Africa, Cape Town, Emirates Telecommunications Corporation, Etisalat, Etisalat Nigeria, Nigeria, Pan-Africanism, South Africa. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.