Etisalat, AAF Showcase Lagos Photo Festival at Exclusive Preview
Etisalat Nigeria in partnership with the African Artists’ Foundation (AAF) recently organized a private preview of the fourth edition of its annual festival, LagosPhoto, at Ocean View Restaurant, Victoria Island Lagos.
Working with this year’s theme – The Megacity and the Non-city, participating artists from Nigeria and other countries including Zimbabwe, South Africa, Italy, France and the United States of America, presented various works that explored the development of urban centres in Africa and how the technical advancement of photography has transformed Africans’ sense of place in a globally connected world.
Speaking at the exhibition, Head, High Value Events and Sponsorship, Etisalat Nigeria, Ebi Atawodi said one of the aims of the festival is to provide a platform for Lagos as well as the rest of Nigeria to be showcased to the world. According to her, photography can be used as a strong socio-cultural tool in shaping public perception as well as communicating.
“The images on display tonight were amazing. It shows the abundance of talent residing both locally and internationally and how they have been harnessed to tell poignant stories,” she said. Atawodi added: “Etisalat is passionate about supporting the growing arts community. Our partnership with AAF is one way of promoting and rewarding innovative talent.”
The event also featured winning photographs of the Etisalat Amateur photography competition alongside notable photographers including Kelechi Amadi-Obi, Lakin Ogunbanwo, both of Nigeria; Zimbabwe’s Kudzanai Chiurai; Adam Broomberg and Oliver Chanarin of South Africa/UK, and internationally renowned photographer, Samuel Fosso of Cameroon.
The 2013 edition of LagosPhoto Festival kicked off in July and has so far paraded a number of activities including a Fundraiser dinner, the Etisalat Amateur Photography competition and various indoor and outdoor exhibitions. For the first time since inception of the festival, Etisalat launched the Official LagosPhoto App on Android and iOS which serves as an ultimate guide to the festival, exhibition locations and most importantly a showcase of entries for the Etisalat Photography Competition.
- Etisalat showcasing World Press Photo’ VIP Preview Exhibition (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Pics and Story from Etisalat Sponsored 2013 African Patrons Cup Polo Tournament (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Etisalat Advocates Standardization at 2013 CTO Forum (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Etisalat, Kelechi Amadi-Obi, International Photographers at LagosPhoto FundRaiser 2013 (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Etisalat Supports Down Syndrome Foundation of Nigeria (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Etisalat Unveils Judging Panel for 2013 Pan-African Prize for Innovation Award (emerchantng.wordpress.com)