Etisalat, Kelechi Amadi-Obi, International Photographers at LagosPhoto FundRaiser 2013
This year’s LagosPhoto Fundraiser themed ‘Observation no be Crime’, was a delightful experience for bidders, guests and lead sponsor, Etisalat Nigeria. The event’s theme was coined from one of the celebrated songs of African Afrobeat legend, Fela Anikulapo Kuti. The Fundraiser held at the signature Eko Hotel and Suites, on September 22, 2013.
Works by photographers from over 12 countries were auctioned by LagosPhoto Auctioneer, Roger Woodbridge. Nigeria’s Kelechi Amadi-Obi’s work called ‘Family’ was snagged up at a handsome price while other works received equally enthusiastic bidding and appreciation. Some of the auctioned works included ‘Landmark’ by Netherlands’ Hans Wilschut, ‘Mali’ by USA’s Joseph Penney and ‘The Afronauts’ by Spain’s Cristina de Middel. On display were works by the likes of Delphine Fawundu from Sierra Leone, Rija Solo from Madagascar, Stanley Greene from the United States of America, Alixandra Fazzina from the United Kingdom, Robin Hammond from New Zealand and Benedicte Kurzen.
At the event, Chief Commercial Officer, Etisalat Nigeria, Matthew Wilsher, said the awe-inspiring works were the essence of purely imaginative thinking. ‘Lagos is one of the cities in the world with tremendous potential and minds. It is amazing to see such creativity and innovation expressed in photography.’
Meanwhile, Brand Director, LagosPhoto, Wunika Mukan, said there was an emerging trend of digital photography in the world, and Nigeria has taken the lead. ‘We, as a people, have realized that it is important to document what is going on today. We are very excited about the multitude of artistes and leading global photographers working with us this year,’ she said.
Folake Folarin-Coker of Tiffany Amber, Ebisan, Olisa Adibua and other celebrities colored the night. The Fundraiser is a part of the annual LagosPhoto Festival.
- Etisalat Supports Down Syndrome Foundation of Nigeria (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Etisalat showcasing World Press Photo’ VIP Preview Exhibition (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Etisalat Unveils Judging Panel for 2013 Pan-African Prize for Innovation Award (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Etisalat Hosts Market Access in Port Harcourt (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Trader Wins Mercedes Benz G Wagon in Etisalat FC Barcelona Promo (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- Etisalat Empowers, Thrills Federal Polytechnic Anambra Students at Cliqfest (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
Posted on October 18, 2013, in Mobile & Telecoms and tagged Chief Commercial Officer, Emirates Telecommunications Corporation, Etisalat, Etisalat Nigeria, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Lagos, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Stanley Greene, United States. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.