BlackBerry tackles Samsung’s BBM for Android marketing
Following the BBM rumors that have been heating up, Canadian handset manufacturer BlackBerry will be making their hugely popular BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) app available for Android and iOS devices very soon.
But Korean electronics giant Samsung has taken the opportunity to field several heavy marketing campaigns stating that BBM “will be coming to Samsung Galaxy devices”.
While the statement is true, BlackBerry issued a statement to allay confusion as to just exactly who will be receiving the social media messenger system.
To add to the confusion, Samsung Nigeria tweeted that Samsung will be receiving BBM on 20 September as part of a three-month deal.
“The excitement around the upcoming BBM launch on iPhone and Android devices seems to know no bounds. Although I’m a big fan of this passion, I want to clarify that no one will have an exclusive on offering BBM. We’ll be bringing the app to Android and iPhone users across the globe soon,” said BBM Communications Director at BlackBerry, Victoria Berry.
During the annual BlackBerry conference in May, the company’s CEO Thorsten Heins made the announcement that BBM will be coming to the selected devices. “It’s time to bring BBM to a greater audience. No matter what mobile device they carry,” he said at the time.
- Update: BBM for Android to be released September 20th? (mobilesyrup.com)
- BBM for Android launches tomorrow? (emerchantng.wordpress.com)
- BBM for Android will not be a Samsung exclusive upon release (androidcommunity.com)
- BBM For Android Release Date Announced: Will iPhone Version Of BlackBerry … – International Business Times (newestgadgetsinfo.com)
- BBM for Android won’t be exclusive to Samsung devices as claimed by Samsung Mobile Nigeria twitter account (emerchantng.wordpress.com)